Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 305



It is Monday night after a full day of students. It was an upbeat day. I feel upbeat myself, which is an interesting concept due to the fact that it is November and all of the leaves are gone. Suddenly we are in that blue light of the end of Fall. It's so odd, because fall is only half over. I never truly took in the fact that the first half of fall is my favorite time of year and then there is this slip into bleak. Oh well, as of today, I am not bleak.



I am very happy that I laughed a lot this weekend. I laughed a lot with my brothers and sister in law. I laughed with friends. It felt wonderful. I felt loved.



Paul gave me my Pentax exactly a year ago. I have been shooting pictures with it for a year. A year ago today I went to a funeral and came home to find out that a friend had died. The pictures of Nov. 1St a year ago are of a grey chilly day. It was a sad day, although I think Edite and I laughed a lot on that day, too. We laughed at absurdities. For a year of my life I have been focusing in on photographs and death, an interesting combination.




It is the day of the dead and supposedly it is easier to talk to souls at this juncture. Hello souls. All souls, be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment