Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 311

I have tried hard not to post other people's photos on other days, but I'm posting this one, 'cause it's me and my big brother Paul the day of Mom's funeral. David took the picture. There are about 10 pictures of me holding onto Paul like this from about my age 4 and him 7 all the way up to now. I just thought it expressed a lot of the year in one shot.



Today was a lovely day. My lovely niece, Sarah invited me to join her in Northampton for a hot tub and lunch. Yep.... pretty sensational, I have a wonderful niece who makes me happy. The truth is that I have four wonderful nieces who all make me happy, but Sarah lives closest.

Anyway, i get in the car to drive to Noho and at the end of the first road I realize I don't have my camera. So I turn around and go back for it. Then I drive down and I rendezvous with her. As she is driving in I go for the camera only to realize I did not bring the battery with me. I left in the charger.

It was beautiful in Noho today. The light was fascinating and the oranges were lit up like fire orange red. Storm clouds blew through but none brought rain. We went to lunch and then did a little shopping, Christmas shopping believe it or not, and I brought her back to her car. We pulled into the parking lot and a hawk came down almost on the roof of the car. Oh it was pitiful. But I kind of am glad cause I just got to be with Sarah, nobody else and not the camera.



But I needed some photos for the day. As I was driving back up the highway the views were amazing. I was bummed. So I grabbed the battery when I got home and quickly drove up above the house where I love to watch the sunset. It didn't fail me.



The horse was in the field, too, but I didn't get a good shot of him. And I love the milkweed all opened up at the side of the road.



Then on my e mail were 79 photos from my Mom's funeral. I was not lacking in photographs today, just the one's I wanted to take in the manner I've been taking photos for the past 311 Days.


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if the sky was just as beautiful for you driving home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete