Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 309



Friday evening, almost 9 and I am at peace.




It's not like I'm related to a lot of people around here, really I'm not. I have a brother near by and a nephew near by, other than that they are all at least one state away, and I haven't been to Connecticut now in six weeks. But I have taken care of a lot of children, a lot of friend's children who are now grown up with children. Today seemed to be a day for visiting these children, the grandchildren of my friends. I love it, but it is hard to own up to it.







I also have to own the fact that I graduated from college in 1977, 33 years ago. In the past couple of months I have had a lot of contact with people with whom I went to college.



Seriously you all, this was 1984, the year we started The Literacy Project.
Old friends have been posting photos and writing me notes. Last night an old boyfriend of a really good friend of mine wrote me a note that made me cry. I haven't cried very much recently, too hard. But this was so sweet, yup, he made me cry. And then all of these grown up kids, these middle aged people with their beautiful babies. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by it all, but at peace, because it truly indicates that I have been alive. I have been a live.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lindy those clouds are spectacular. I want a print of that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i see a couple of familiar faces!!
    ms. anemone and my little june-bug, wylie.
    you just made my heart smile.
    xxoo, melody

    ReplyDelete