Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 313



I left for work early this morning for no other reason than because I was ready. This squirrel, who lives in the tree on my driveway, said, "what are you doing? I'm not finished yet. Go back in the house." Instead I took his picture.



Down the street from me they have removed, demolished the old lumber store. They have taken all of the back hangers for the wood and all of the buildings and trees and flattened the whole parcel of land, I would say 3 acres or so. It abuts a nursing home which is a high rise, one of two high rises in Greenfield. The railroad runs through it, right between the two lots.

This morning I turn the corner at the bottom of the street and big machines are working in wet dirt and this huge freight train has stopped in the middle of the whole scene. I couldn't help myself, I stopped and photographed it. It is so out of place. I have no idea what they are putting in. But I will have a new business neighbor by the looks of things. Tonight all of the large machinery were lit up like monsters in the sand.



Tonight in writing I spent time with photographs and writing about the process of this project. I wrote about portraits and why they are so important in a final display or gallery of the year's project. I wrote about it because I want to be focused on it, I want to amerce myself for the next 2 months, because I have the time. I'm going to get a little obsessed with it so I can go out with a bang.




This is a fruit. It was really delicious.

Writing Prompts are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment