Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 312



I woke up this morning as the sun should have been rising to the sound of sleet on the windows. I got up and watched as the world got lighter. It looked like snow to me. My front yard was a very cold pond and the wind was blowing very hard. Now I agree you all, November can be beautiful, but it is so unpredictable.





Do you remember that feeling in the high school cafeteria looking around to see if there was a table you felt comfortable sitting at? Remember that awkward sense of do I fit in? Weren't you happy the day you realized that feeling was gone, that you were too old to care? For some reason it all came flooding down on top of me today. It was awful and then it was dark when I left work.


Then I drive home and as I am walking up to my porch this dog, who is locked on my porch, starts barking at me. Almost immediately I realize it is my friend's dog, Earl and I can say his name and put him at ease and invite him in for some water. He had been picked up by the police and his owner was at work in Northampton so he told them to put him in my porch. Now what are friends for, anyway? Actually I loved having Earl visit for a bit. He's a great dog.


This is Earl and Emma on Dec. 2, 2009. Oh my God, almost a year ago.




Finally, I am so grateful for good friends and family who think to cook healthy good dinners and invite me to eat them after a day that left me feeling stupid. Yep, nothing like a good dog, a good meal and loved ones to make everything alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment