Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 332: Margaret Whiton Tilton's birthday



53 years ago I was in my second year of Nursery School. It was in Wilton, CT, a little flat red building up behind Wilton Center. I think I loved it there, I remember loving it there. I remember this November day was bleak and a friend of my Dad's was supposed to pick me up and he was really late. He got me and brought me home where my Mom was home from the hospital with my baby sister. She was beautiful. I think I knew then that I wanted to work with kids or that I loved kids. Happy Birthday, Margie! I still love you, maybe even more than I did that day.







Emma and I had an overnight last night. We were very silly a lot of the time, we watched Dr Dolittle with Eddie Murphy. I'd never seen it before. I loved it only because it was just enough for me these days; pure entertainment. She left today around 2. I finished the dishes and went up to the Coop to seek out some community. I wasn't disappointed. I love watching Greenfield on Sunday afternoon, it feels so normal and content.




Then I went in search of a place to shoot the sunset. They block off Poet's Seat in the winter so I couldn't get down there. I was so disappointed. There will be no winter shots from atop the ledge. I drove over to Highland Pond, which is freezing over a little and then up onto Highland Ave., but I couldn't get a view. So I drove on home and caught one shot before I got to my house.





So the majority of my day was spent thinking about how one can fill that hole, that internal hole in you in an appropriate manner.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Lindy. Lovely sunset and the yellow hat is wonderful

    ReplyDelete