Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 325: Emma Worth's Birthday



Today is Emma's 10th birthday. Every year she and I have gone down to the mall to get her a pretty dress, a smoothie and a few other little things. Sometimes we get a haircut or a new toy. Today we got a new dress, three new pairs of tights, new shoes, a necklace, a manicure and a pedicure (both of us got pedicures in Mom's honor). Ten is an odd age, it's tucked between little girl and older girl. She choose everything, she decided on colors that matched and lengths of chains, and which shoes were best for her dress. I think she did a great job.




She decided she wanted both a manicure and a pedicure and chose a beautiful shade of nail polish to go with her dress. And then we went to China Gourmet for dinner.






In the end we came back here and got her balloons, they are so cool. I love big bouquets of balloons.




The Mall was so other today. It really was like a big disco in spots. I didn't get overwhelmed until the very end, but I just felt like I'd entered a different world that I'm not made for at all. And even though I know that Emma at least can fit into normal size clothes and shoes, I hope she never feels completely comfortable in that world either.

No comments:

Post a Comment