Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 98 & 99: Happy Birthday Barb Whiton



Alright, so yesterday was the first day in 98 that I didn't do this. Therefore, I own the Day 98 omission, post my Happy Birthday to my older sister, and will do Day 99 this evening. Oh yeah, the reason was that I took Emma for the night and it was a school night so we had to be a little disciplined about homework, etc. We had a great afternoon though, and she went off to school this morning without a hitch. She was a trooper. Yup, I do love that girl. See you all later




I'm going to have to do this in stages, Geoff is on his way and wants a bowl of stew. Where do you get a bowl of stew in Greenfield? I want to talk about photos tonight. I've been learning a lot. Today my piece in Eclectic Flash came out and I was awarded on FLICKR.



This is the photo that Flickr gave me the award for. Cool?

Day 99 yeah, I started the day off earlier this morning in order to get Emma to school on time and I thought it might be an interesting day for photography because the light was different; it was rainy but greener. I got to school myself and my battery went dead. All photography came to a blinding halt.



By the time my battery was charged the light was no longer interesting. It was kind of dead at 6 o'clock tonight. The temperature had dropped, last night at 6 it was 81degrees downtown, tonight it is 47. So I left my camera home when Geoff and I went to dinner and of course by the time we got out the clouds were fascinating and the sunset beautiful. Nope, I didn't make it. But I did try to take some still life. I don't know if I was successful or not, but I know that I learn a lot by doing.





Learning something new in the middle of emotional turmoil makes everything bearable. Thank God for photography at the moment. I am grateful for photography. I am grateful for light, color and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment