Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 115



Those cats played big time all night long. They came around a little when I brought my cup of tea and the crossword puzzle to Mom's place at the table. They both jumped onto the table to get pet. YUP!!!! They are wonderful boys.




I find hospitals to be fascinating places to watch people. I have spent a lot of time in them and I am kind of intrigued. This morning while I waited for the nurse to get Mom out of bed I sat with a man in the lounge who spoke some English and was very sweet. There was a beautiful fish tank and he knew nothing about fish and asked me names and tried to say stuff to me. He had a wonderful smile, was exhausted and apologized for snoring. He was a great representative of humankind.




I stayed with Mom until 1, I knew other family members were on their way and I was afraid of falling asleep at the wheel if I waited too long. Mom was in terrific humor and she actually stood for 20 seconds or so. Her color was back and she was completely with it. I want to just stay with her for the next 6 weeks, but I can't, unfortunately. I walked the skywalk back to my car and there were Christina and Giraffe waiting for me. I've been carrying Emma's giraffes around in the car for weeks now, and I actually love having them to greet me.




I was right about being tired. I stopped in Windsor Lockes and took pictures of old buildings and had a half a sub. The rain stopped by Holyoke and it was so wonderful to see those hills. I came in and fell asleep for 2 hours.



I'm home. I'm safe. I'm pretty concrete. Tomorrow I have to figure out my schedule for I need to be as flexible as I can be. I hope they move Mom out of the hospital tomorrow and temporarily into a rehab. But I want to be able to go when i need to go. Meanwhile, I picked some quince and put it in a vase, fed the fish, watered the plants and caught up with my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment