Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 113

I'm going to do this weekend a little differently. At some point during the next 20 hours I will go to Connecticut. So I think I will do this in pieces. I also don't know how direct to be because I don't want people in the family finding things out on the blog instead of in person, so... this maybe disjointed and erratic. Please bare with me this weekend. Times are tough.



I have to do my grateful for activity now, for I am weepy.

I am grateful for my ability to talk about how people feel
I am grateful that I was raised by a woman who embodies tolerance, in a home where tolerance was the expected way of being, whether for each other, for racial difference, religious difference, or food differences, we were expected to understand and accept those differences, support them in each other. I know that her father had expected that of her, too.
I am grateful for all of those museums I was dragged through as a little girl.
I am grateful for the green outside my window this morning.




Halfway through the day and all is quiet and fine. It is perfect out there.







The other end of the day. Had dinner in Brattleboro, good steak, thanks Tristan. It took me out of myself for a few hours, which is a good thing.







I'm going back to counting birds. I saw a black vulture tonight. I saw the Downies, and I heard many different birds who kept their distance from my camera. The sky was a perfect color for bird watching. Made me happy.

Enough for today. I'm off to CT in the early a.m. so I won't be able to post until Sunday night, but I'll do my usual write at Mom's to keep up with it all.

2 comments:

  1. hey lindy -- i thought of you as i drove through connecticut yesterday. hope you are ok. stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Beautiful. I saw vultures all week... But saw one hawk flying directly above on Thursday. Vultures aren't all bad. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete