Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 110



Too bizarre a day. Too many strange things happened. Too many steps were out of the ordinary, even though I did go back to work today and you would have thought my routine would have returned. But it didn't. And I'm telling you it has to do with illness and it's meanness. (Not mine, I'm fine, other people's. Other people who I love dearly.)



I didn't get to shoot a lot of photos today, I was in a lot of spaces where taking pictures was not nice. One such place was a poetry reading this evening where I didn't want people to feel uptight while they were reading so I only took some photos while we were on breaks.







The only other thing I wanted to say is about family. I think most of you know I am both close to my family and I choose to live just a little bit apart. Since my Mom has been truly ill my younger brother has been using my house as one of his home bases. I've had a family member as a team member in life for the first time since well, maybe when Jason went to Japan in 1987. This morning we had an emergency which we dealt with together. Family moves together without question. We moved for a friend that we believe is family, she got the brother sister support. When we were teenagers we did it a lot for friends. After being separated by most of this country, it feels good to know we at least are coming from the same heartfelt place even if we don't always do the action in the same way.



That was kind of an odd way to say I love my brother and it feels kind of nice to come home and have his reading light on in his bedroom window.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment