Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 107



Illness creates ambiguity that spreads out into everything. I am surrounded by illness, mental illness, disease, fear of disease, and a health system that does not take care of people, rather it takes care of symptoms one at a time. Doctors and loved ones try to isolate symptoms and make the whole person broken into little bits treating each bit with a different pill until the person is so full of pills and side effects that they are caught in a Catch 22. I have tried to separate some of this out and to look at whole people this week, but alas, I am not a doctor of medicine and cannot seem to cure anyone.




I am grateful for meatball grinders.
I am grateful for spring rains.
I am grateful for the amazing sense of community I feel in the coop.
I am grateful for a 9 year old who loves me.
I am grateful that I know how to read, write and sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment