Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 100: April 10th


I’ve wanted to shoot these train cars since I started driving to Guilford once a
week. I love them.

Anyway it is Saturday and I am pretty happy today. I’m happy because other than being near my Mother, I have no responsibilities towards anyone else in the world (well at least for another 18 hours or so.)





Mom and I ate ice cream and then went to look at the water. What a gorgeous day, a little windy and not hot the way it was on Thursday, but sunny and blue and a group of 12 swans sailed around from the marina to the beach and I followed them with my camera. The beach was lovely today, the oyster and clam shells were broken all over the waterline. It was low tide and yet there were few gulls hanging out on the beach. A boy and his father were trying to fly a kite. I walked the beach a little and then came back to the car.



As we were leaving the beach an animal crossed in front of us.



We couldn’t decide whether we were seeing things or not. But it really was Reddy Fox crossing the road at 3 pm headed for the garbage cans in the beach area, or was he headed for a swan? He was skinny, but he was very shiny and healthy looking.
So Thursday we had a hawk swoop down over our heads, and today a red fox crossed in front of me out of nowhere. Hmmmm???




The other thing that is strange is all of these flowers and flowering trees in complete bloom on April 10th. I don’t get it. It frightens me that Connecticut looks like Georgia, and yet I am worried about the house plants Mom put on the porch. I think it is too early and we will have another freeze. She doesn’t think so, well, if hawks swoop over humans, fox walk across the street mid-afternoon, bumblebees spread pollen, I guess there could be no more frost.

I cooked a really good omelet tonight. It was simple with a little basil and a little sage and cheddar cheese, but it flipped well and I cut it in half and it slid into our plates, along with some peas and beats for Ma, it was a sweet dinner.




I will sleep tonight in a bed that feels like the ocean again.

1 comment: