Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 114



I'm off to Connecticut. I will be in no Internet land for a while, so I am bringing a journal with me and I'll write. How's that for a new idea?





I forgot how I started this this morning, so I’m going to have to just pick up from here, from nowhere or from the middle of my mother’s living room with the boys. They clearly miss Mom and Barb, they greet me, but they don’t rub against me or do those owner and cat things. Dori just stretched and moved because I’ve been staring at him since I started to write.

Mom’s in the hospital. She’s been there since Thursday evening. She was put into the hospital because she acquired pneumonia and she got so weak she could not stand on her own. She still cannot stand on her own. Her nurse is a 38 year old male nurse named Phil who is funny and a straight shooter and really aware of the people under his care. He says that she will probably need to go to a Rehab for a few days, but that she’s fine. She’s smart….. she’s compassionate and her understanding of how to treat other human beings is precise. He saw that in her immediately. That makes me feel OK about leaving her alone tonight. I’ll go back in the morning. Paul and Molly will come to see her tomorrow, Barb will be back tomorrow afternoon and they will probably move her on Monday.



In my experience my Mother is the hub. To remove her may make the wheel fly apart into many directions.




No comments:

Post a Comment