Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31


Day 31: one month down. What have I learned?
1. take a couple shots rapidly when doing people.
2. the big camera is too heavy to take pictures while you are driving.
3. No matter what you think, the light has to be in front for a portrait to work.
4. Birds are hard to catch.
5. The moon, no matter how bright, is hard to shoot.




What have I learned about poetry this month?
1. you have to write in order to create one.
2. that I miss writing if I do too little of it.
3. That I can say more complicated things in writing than I can with a camera, thus far.

As for Edges,
1. They are really important in photography and writing.
2. That it hurts when you bang your head on one.


I have spent the month in a small town, USA, one which I have lived in since 1978. But I have seen it with completely new eyes this month. I am amazed at how well I know the corners of this town all of a sudden. Yes, documenting 365 Days is rewarding.

3 comments:

  1. love the top photo of the amaryllis with the backlight around the edges. very theme oriented!

    and, um, miss lindy, do as i say and not as i do -- but i think all cameras are off limit while driving, not just the heavy ones, right?!? at least publicly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I never have taken a picture while driving. Off the record, would you like to see my driving folder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)

    ReplyDelete