Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17



This is Earl Sunday morning. I think he was a little disappointed I put my computer away, but it didn't do me any good down there, so....
Today I was not going to forget my camera. Mom and I were up before 7 and she really had a hankering for french toast, so we made french toast and did the crossword puzzle together. 90, Parkinsons, and with a brain that is so intact... it's so much fun to be with her, she is my hero. So I say, "hey you wanna go out and take pictures?" She says, "Sure, let me get dressed." We went out for about an hour and a half and she suggested places we go where "there should be good pictures." We went to the beach, to the oldest standing European structure in New England, and the Big Y. We went searching for big birds in bare trees on windy roads.


We didn't see any big ones, several little ones and gulls, but no big ones. We talked, we talked about her life. My mother is not afraid of things. It amazes me. And she is gracious.........



I had a great weekend. I got to be with my Mom, catch up with my sister, pet the cats, and kiss my niece. I brought some presents, got some presents, took a great shower, laughed, and cried. Yup.

On the drive home, my camera battery went dead. I saw 6 wild turkeys, 1 small owl, 15hawks, mostly redtail, and some large crows yelling at a large male hawk. I made it home in less than half the time that it took me to get there and I beat the storm. When I got here, my older Goddaughter was coming back from an adventure and we got to share adventures. Yep, my life is full, full of edges, corners, and something else, I just can't put my finger on it.

2 comments:

  1. your mom looks amazing, lindy! sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy, Isn't she beautiful?
    Hey, I think we should get together for a walk on the beach soon.

    ReplyDelete