Tuesday, January 12, 2010



DAY 12
Trees reaching into the sky like many sketch marks in deep black ink. Scratched marks so abundant that they almost make a curtain, instead the grey blue of the sky shows through.

Crows sound out their alarms early in the morning, high in the trees, a dark black inkspot atop.

It is cold, it's not sustainable, I can be out in it for just so long and then I want to come back inside to the hearth and to the food. I want orange and green to place on a plate.

I want sleep where I dream of multi leveled buildings and multi leveled waterfalls, moss and brown wet earth, sustainable temperature, and geometry.

What am I learning by photographing my world daily, by being intentional? I am learning that there is beauty everywhere, that edges are visible, that life patterns are physical patterns, too, spirals and edges, geometry. And there is color.





I love this shot. It is representative of all my whimsical fantasies that never came to pass.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, the trees look so ominous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love to hear your thoughts....

    ... so what's up with the christmas balls and cigarette butts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas balls were a decoration outside a local restaurant. Obviously patrons came out to smoke and put their butts out in the decoration. It just looked so festive this morning with those butts in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! So glad to hear you set up a blog. Absolutely agree. This photo of a day project has definitely made us more intentional and seeing things with a pair of new eyes. Looking forward to reading your future posts and of course seeing your new photos.

    ReplyDelete