Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010



I have chosen EDGES as my theme;
Edges
the border between the
end of one thing and the beginning of another.
Lines of rooftops, Greenfield was the first place I lived where I could see rooftops from my home, the roof lines are fascinating in Greenfield, overtaken by Victorian homes, industrial brick and church steeples, surrounded by hills, held in the palm of the valley, several small rivers winding through, more rooftops secured into notches under small hillsides, these are the edges.

Or people have edges or they create edges. We have books and writing pads and computers and desks and places to eat; ways to showcase food. We make edges, we drive down roads or we walk paths and we create relationships that encounter edges.

I am weaving on a new loom and bringing together the best yarns of my past and adding them to some of the newest edges, and weaving a new wrap, a new wall covering... a new me.

2 comments:

  1. I'll Teach My Fish 100 Words is a picture of Emma's creation of a whole language curriculum to teach the fish to read. She's done a great job, the problem will be in trying to assess the impact of the instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should all know that Emma does not believe it is a problem. She pointed to the word bubble and Penelope made a bubble. There ya have it.

    ReplyDelete