Friday, January 8, 2010

I haven't quite figured out how all of this works yet. I think the labels on the template change every day.

Yesterday my Mother lost a close friend, he was 91. She is almost that. He was a pianist, she a flutist and they played together a lot through their 80s. He fell yesterday, died soon afterwards. It felt too violent an ending for a very gentle man. Just less than a month ago he played a small concert for his friends and tutored them on the pieces he played. Mom was still impressed by his manner, his ability to teach without arrogance.

It's hard to loose someone, but in your 90s, it maybe harder in someways. Rest in piece, Don. May your God be with you. And may my Mother....

So twins learning to put on their hats, and pianists dying at 91 in one morning. Definitely a dusting of life.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your mom is 91! How is she doing? is she still sewing? (Mikey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she has Parkinsons and doesn't have fine motor skills anymore. She gave up the flute Nov 08 and the last piece of clothing she made me was probably around the same time.

    ReplyDelete