Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18: Happy MLK Day

It has been a wonderful day and I have spent some time thinking on the teachings of Martin Luther King Jr. I'd like to read more of his writings at this time in my life. But it has been a very visual day for me and I think I will just post photos and not narrative. Tomorrow is writing group, so my guess is the reverse will be true then.

I woke up to new snow and cloudy skies.


But the sun came out, and the kids decided to create a fake slope with the use of the John Deere. Very fun, lots of shoveling and laughing.



Emma and I rushed to MLK Day celebration. We missed most of it which made her mad. She got over it and she built two snowpeople to greet everyone as they go to school tomorrow.







Our afternoon adventure ended with 2 hawk sightings, the last being close to Emma's house, where she took this picture of him. We watched him lift off and fly. We both knew it was a nice ending to our MLK Day.
Be with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment