Saturday, January 9, 2010


By Candlelight

Light is a warm ooze
Between white and yellow
Dancing, short quick
Steps, back and forth
Almost like a million
Body twitches
Holding you captive
Making you hot.

Light is
A round blue
A heaven’s star
Steady on the shelf
Pleasant, quietly
Enticing the others
To watch
While the music
Is turned up just enough.

A pink reflection
In the mirror
A slight light
Staring back at you
Making solid
Moves across
The pillar
Stocky moves

Waving
Blinking
Slamming
Steady
Quiet screams
That beckon us
Across the altar
Across the night

Light wavers
Stopping yet
Appearing as
Though she’s
Floating.
I can’t imagine
That a slight tap from a
Breeze would
Cause her to
Dance.
But there she
Is flickering
Moving forward
Stretching
Reaching out
Towards me
again.

C; Lindy ‘07


Alright DAY 9

That's kind of amazing unto itself, isn't it? Nine days of maintaining a committment to myself. Yeah, I like it. I've met a lot of new people and learned some stuff. That's cool



I went off today to do my normal errands, have lunch, do my Saturday routine. It was successful, but at about 4 I decided I wanted to go photograph the sunset, so I decided to drive down to the Falls in hopes that it was the nicest place to see both birds and the sunset. I wanted to shoot birds all day, I am strangely aligned to birds. I don't know why or how, I just know they have a meaning in my life. I got out of the car at Unity Park and I walked to the edge of the Ct. River and there in front of me is a pair of swans. Quite beautiful, but I couldn't get close enough to do them justice. But I got the gulls by the fish ladder.

Then I drove to Highland Park where I hoped the sunset would be brilliant, it wasn't. As I drove to the Fairgrounds and over to the Orchard, the sunset just did its thing and faded out; lovely in its simplicity.

And then I returned home for an omelet made from Happy Chickens and went on line and looked at pictures, beautiful pictures of beautiful birds that speak to me. Maybe tomorrow I will find some birds to shoot. Maybe one will bring me a new message. Maybe day 10 will bring my desires together within one photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment