Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32; Month 2, Day 1



Today I have been involved with this project on two levels.

I have put in many hours at work today. My colleagues are being slowly incorporated into this photo project process. Some of them run when I show up with a camera around my neck. Some of them laugh and some of them, with humor, are supporting my efforts. It is hard to document my work under florescent lights all the time. Hard to take pictures of wonderful things without a flash (because I don't want to be disruptive), but indoors.

We celebrated the work and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr as a large community at the noon hour. There was music, both a community choir and some jazz done by students. There was a good speech on the importance of education and creativity in the journey of establishing a welcoming and equal world. It was quite nice, not enough of the college community came, but nonetheless, it was good. I've tried to document that, with some success.





The second level I was involved with was the internal level, the process of committing oneself to a 365 day project. I realize that I have to see it as I see doing poetry, I have to accept the time it takes and the consistent habit it demands. Carrying this camera around my neck is a strong statement that I am getting a little use to, but becoming more aware of the intention, the deliberate intention, it commands.
Oh yeah, and the neck ache, too.


a study in patience

This is my day's weather shot.

1 comment:

  1. Cool "weather" shot. Amazing light. Lovely shadow. Lovely birch.

    ReplyDelete