Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36



Recovery: I woke up at 4:30 unable to go back to sleep. I had slept way too much yesterday, not that I had much choice. So I came downstairs, wrapped myself up in down and researched Flickr. Fascinating world. Photographers on line all over the world at all hours of the day, creating beauty, creating art and into the ozone it goes, but the more you interact with it, the more you get back, so all of a sudden your day is gone, but you have interacted with someone on every continent in this country. I can't believe how lost you could become just sitting on your own sofa. So it looks as though I have to make sure I don't get addicted and lost in this cyber world.




I did get out for a bit. I went into the backyard and followed prints and tried hard to photograph backyard birds. Some success, but not really.




I also submitted an essay to a journal for the first time in about a year. That's some success. But basically I discovered world wide photography.


Tomorrow I am going back to CT. so I will be off line for two days again. It's probably a good thing for my mental health. My mother has challenged me to a Scrabble game. I'm going to win, you wait and see, she thinks she can beat me, but she can't. Anyway my family is dealing with sadness. Sadness is completely natural and impossible to sustain. It's painful. And in this case, it is hard to know how to respond to it, because the ambiguity of Parkinson's is overwhelming and none of us know what to expect. We are left with sadness and the stable wisdom and humor of our mother. Tomorrow I will go to CT. and I will bring photos and frames and get her aesthetic input. She has unbeatable aesthetic judgement. She is the best. I'll give her that, but I'm gonna beat her in Scrabble.




No comments:

Post a Comment