Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50



This is Paul. Paul is my older brother who gave me my camera. Everyone say thank you, Paulie. You are a wonderful and generous brother.

Today I drove down to CT. I took the point and shoot in the car and did that awful thing of shooting while driving. But the clouds were dramatic. By the time I got to Hartford the wind was dramatic, too, so I put away the camera until I got off the highway.



I got to Mom's in time to make a little lunch. Paul and Barb were out investigating and Mom and I got some time to talk, although in the beginning of our visit she was having difficulty talking, but I think by the end of the day her speech was improved. I think visitors are good for her. Anyway after lunch Barb, Mom and I went for ice cream and to look at the water. That has become our ritual. We went to a different beach today.





I do love the water, I love the colors and the light all times of year. Because I was with my Mom and sister I couldn't just stop the car and shoot birds in grassy wetlands, but they are so beautiful. And when we returned, Mom seemed sprier or happier. She received a lot of attention today. Her oldest Grandson is coming for a week in April which is making us both happy. I don't know, maybe just having something to look forward to helps motivate someone and with this specific disease you have to have a lot of motivation to be intentional about your movements. It was good to be in CT today. I'm glad I am going often.









Being part of a large family which extends itself all over the place is difficult at times, but it also has wonderful rewards. Mom talked to 5 of her 6 children today, so did I. She is still participating and feeling joy. And of course, the cats. I am grateful for my family.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Paulie.

    Your sister is taking beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete