Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54



Ok, so last night I was a storm chaser in my dreams. I woke up with the quilt sideways and half off the bed and myself cramped in a little corner. I must have thought I wasn't going to survive, or something. I had run a marathon in my sleep, woke up hurting and exhausted. And as I stood up the snow began. AHHHHH!!!!!





Dealing with the undeniable existance of death around the corner is physically heavy. It isn't a burden in that one resents it or feels like it is wrong some how, although I do feel that this disease is wrong, but there is something about having death on the mind that is laden. And to have your whole family in that stance is difficult to say the least. Everyone has to deal with it in their own personal way. There is no right or wrong way to deal with it, but one has to always be aware that you are not alone in this part of the journey, and in my case I have 5 siblings and 9 nephews and nieces, several in laws, many friends, and a few great nieces who are all feeling the impact one way or another, for Mom has impacted a lot of people in her long life. She is invaluable to many of us and a constant steady sense of love.




Snow.... you all it is snowing for real for the first time since December. What an odd winter it has been. I love this picture because of the no stop sign. I took it when I awoke from a nap a 6. I hadn't taken too many pictures today. Everything felt blah to me. I tried some flash pictures, but none of them are really interesting. I did take a good portrait of one of my favorite students.




Snow also canceled writing group again. I haven't been in a month now. I have to get back to writing. I am going to make March a collaboration between writing and photography. I would like to put together a couple of shows, or a manuscript, or.... How about a show of the Coop Kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment