Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40



Today has been an exceptionally good emotional and spiritual day. I don't know how to share that, but we'll just let it be known. I had a very good day on those plains.

I thought a lot about living on the edge today. It is very common. I am aware, intensely aware of how many people I know are on the edge, financially, emotionally, physically. It's scary, but reassuring to those of us out there.


Just in case this picture needs some explanation, it is the same bench that I took the Christmas balls and cigarette butt photo. I think the owners of the restaurant decided a little pine tree in a foil red planter and wine corks would keep the place tidier. I found it fun.

This is day 40, 40 days doing something consistent is pretty good if you ask me. It is getting harder because the intention and the declaration tend to be more prevalent, tend to direct the shooting now as opposed to just being part of the reflection process. I mean I am taking pictures of backyard birds on purpose. Whose back there? Cardinal, phoebe, robin, chickadee, Downy, tufted titmouse and a nuthatch, today. I am making sure I take a photo that shows the weather of the day and I am trying to take a good portrait everyday. I am looking for more edges. I took this picture of the construction site outside the coop after dark today. It shows edges.







I also think that the braiding action between the process of photographing one's days and living one's days, or struggling through life and death, is extremely intricate and illuminating. I just can't put it all into words yet, so photos will have to do.



One last sorta doodad, I have been talking to the same therapist on and off for almost the entire time I have been in Greenfield. He has been a guardian angel for me and has helped me through a long healing process. To get to his office you have to walk up a huge set of stairs. For 31 years the wall paper on the stairwell has been the same, it is the same that was in the front foyer of my Grandparents' home in Wilton. I always found that funny. It got dustier and dingier as the years have progressed. Today I walked into that stairwell and there was white primer all over that paper. It is an omen. It ia freeing in some strange way.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on completing 40 days! I'm just trying to do once a week and have already missed a week, so...Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really important to remember you are doing it for yourself or it would be too hard because the feedback is so minimal. Thank you for commenting. It really is important to me.

    ReplyDelete