Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 56



This day started out bleak. It was bleak because of the weather. It was bleak because of the light, and it was bleak because my mood was bad. I tried taking some good pictures, but it poured. All that beautiful snow turned into mush, and not even white mush. My landlord tried to plow and he basically plowed the top level of the yard up and now my snowy icey yard is muddy and icey. It is gross. I really did try though.




But the gang and I had an overdue date at DiPaolo's. We use to get together and help each other with our plans on how to not be poor women. We haven't gotten together in a really long time and we are all still poor, but we do good and interesting work. They would laugh that I said that. Anyway, we had fun and the picture ops increased ten fold.






I love this restaurant, but even more so I love my friends. They're great. When we first started getting together as a group, Emma was learning how to walk. So it's been 8 years. Denise has been running the restaurant for 5, I believe. She is so good at it. Oh my God, it is a wonderful place. People are laughing and having a good time and enjoying themselves and are surrounded by elegance in Turners Falls, MA. She did good.



The rest of us? Well as corny as it sounds, we got each other, really we do. That's a great thing. There's a lot of talent and capacity to love in this group, and we may not have been a smash success financially, but we know what's important and we really do have each other.

By the way, the guy in some of these shots is Hilton, he's the chef. He's our friend, too, but he's the masterful chef. He feeds us well. Thank you, DiPaolo's, the food was great, and the company exquisite, if not on the edge.

1 comment: