Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 41


Redwood in New England

Well there was no major snowstorm here. I started out this morning thinking I could take a series of shots that showed the build up of snowfall, however, it never really built here, so that is not what I did.


Hallowed Halls

This photo has two separate meanings for me; the first is that it is of Joanne, who was my first writing teacher at Marlboro and then became my very supportive colleague, and second, the hollowness of the empty halls of GCC in contrast with the colors of her clothes meant Hallowed Halls to me.



Off at noon, went to pick Emma up at school and ended out getting there way too early so I set up a bunch of shots. There was no snow to speak of, really, it was pathetic. But you knew people believed the blizzard was around the corner, so there was this frenetic energy. It gave me a half hour to play with my camera. I had a really fun time.



And then we went to the Coop and the toy store and we took pictures, lots of pictures. Emma cleaned up the stuffed animal displays for the woman who owns the store. She befriended them all and created family units. We came home and created lots of family units here with our animals, too. Lots of examples of little kids and their parents. And then we did art together. I wish I could share with you all of it. I can't but here are 2 examples that she did.





Year of the Tiger



Anyway, she went home around 7 and I returned to this project. I downloaded all we had done today and it really does come down to choosing just a few that represent your day, good photography (maybe), and the process of going through the day in visuals.



1 comment:

  1. love the tree -- it looks as thought it has many arms reaching up.

    ReplyDelete