Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42: Claire Bouche Whiton's b'day


Today was a very busy day. Here is a partial list of the things I did and saw.
Talked to my Mom before I got out of bed.
Late to work
No breakfast again.
The Governor came to visit. He was given his own hard hat. I shot that, and didn't get a picture of the Governor.
Committee Meeting
Heard super special news from a colleague.
She did my chart, too. Very interesting lunch reading. Much better reading than the reports I should be reading.
Received updated budget reports on the two grants I am managing. Made me happy. I told the grant fiscal person that.
By this time I had taken 10 0r so photos of colleagues running around preparing for the Governor.
I saw a few students, scheduled some intakes, some other meetings and caught up a little on paperwork.
Another budget meeting



And then I realized I was angry. Anger is one of those emotions that sends me to a different place. And what was I angry about anyway? I'm angry at Parkinsons. It's a form of torture. And my Mother does not deserve torture at 90. But you see, she looks out the window and sees beauty. She is very zen at the moment. So my 365 day project is helping me to stay focused on what is real in this world, what really matters and not to get all hung up in the anger. This afternoon I was angry for a while.







I met my pal David in Noho. It's funny how it feels like the city to me. I walked around and took pictures afterwards. I think one of my favorite things that I have created in my life is a curriculum that helped low level adult readers learn the economic history of Northampton. It was so much fun. The buildings in the city are wonderful and their historical reference make a great context for economic development. It was fun to walk around the city with about 12 adults doing a kind of historical scavenger hunt. Check out the old Firehouse some day.





Finally I promised the woman in Haymarket that I would post the Spanking that David bought me in this blog tonight, so here it is.



I admit that this isn't stickin' to the rules of the project. I ain't talking directly about edges and I put a lot of photos up tonight. Let us all be assured that on the Shutter Sisters site, I stuck to the rules and just got carried away on my own blog and was a little self indulgent, just for you, Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment