Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 59



OK, so I'm beat.

The beach is so comforting. The colors are so soothing and there is nothing violent or sudden about this tiny little beach on The Sound. Today Emma found a skull on the beach. It is in perfect shape. I think it's a gull, she thinks it's a tarydactal. I like her idea better. We found several beautiful shells and she decided she had to believe she was a gull to get next to the gulls. She was close enough to one to pet it.







Mommy sat on her chair in the kitchen and gave Emma and me some directions while we made chicken vegetable soup. It was really good soup. Emma was so polite. She was considerate and all of her energy was channelled into either working with us, reading or exploring the beach. She was a total joy all weekend. What do nine year olds understand about aging? 90 year olds know a lot about learning and the desire to learn. Emma waited for Mom to answer, Mom answered all her questions. We all had a great day. It was important for Emma. Next week I'll go down by myself, but it was important for me to attend to Emma this weekend.













The end of February marks the end of my 2nd month doing this project. I love the doing of it and I love looking at my life in pictures. It is a new thing for me and quite different than looking at my life or reflecting on my life in words. As I said a couple of days ago, i am going to try to do both in March. We will see how it goes. It will be interesting to watch the snow go away, the mud begin to dry up and the green begin to pop out and bring us April.

No comments:

Post a Comment