Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 89



I realize that on Tuesday nights I take the easy out and say, I'm too tired, but it's the truth and I have just written something in group. So, I promise, tomorrow I will place it into this post. PROMISE!!!!

Here it is, what I wrote on Tuesday.

I am thankful for color.
I am thankful for friendships
for those friends who
allow me to speak the truth
no matter where or when.
I am thankful for
warm soup.
I am thankful for
soft fabrics
rich in color.



The color of the Long Island Sound is blue with a tinge of grey. The forsythia were out in Connecticut along with a few purple flowering trees and the leaf buds, almost scarlet red, were burgeoning when we crossed into Guilford. seagulls looked grayish and the long brown sea grass brushed back soft along the edges. It was freezing cold, the wind was icy and blew through my clothing. All of it felt like a contradiction, not unlike my heart.

If I could paint my heart would it be that blue grey sea water with shocking white caps poking through? Would thick long soft grasses, wind swept line one side of the shore" Would I wish the forsythia buds stay hidden from the freezing cold for just a couple more days?






I am thankful for
rivers rushing
throughout the county
cleansing.

I am thankful for
old railroad tracks
soon to be restored
where I can take the train
and go to the aquarium
on a Thursday afternoon.

I would love to.


No comments:

Post a Comment