Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 66




I'm back home. Again I got here and fell asleep. Then I got up, did a load of laundry and got Chinese. Now the Oscars... yup, the Oscars... what can I tell you, it's what I need tonight.

I went for a walk this morning and stood in a bird way and listened for 10 minutes. I heard cardinals, chickadee, jays, crow, woodpecker, doves and a hawk.




I am used to living alone. I spent the first 40 years living surrounded by people. Then I made a move to this little house that's too small for company. I have some company, but I have learned to be alone more often and to use that time to regenerate myself. So when I go off for a few days and don't have the space to be alone I begin to block my own emotional stream. Today I tried walking and shooting as a way to stay emotionally present. I'm exhausted.




OK the bird count on the way home was interesting: a giant turkey vulture, I mean giant, a heron (it was either an immature little blue heron or a snowy white egret), ducks, gulls, crows, pigeons, and 3 red tail. The weather was phenomenal. 50 something degrees and blue, blue, blue blue. Water was glittering from Guilford to Greenfield. The Connecticut River was blue. I stopped to take pictures at Guilford Lake.



I didn't hurry home, I took in the colors, but once I got here and I saw the swing my breathing changed. I'm home.

1 comment: