Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 77


OK, to begin with, Emma took this picture, not me. Tell me what is wrong with it? Please comment on what you see.

What a lovely day?!




Last year's leaves
blanket the forest floor.
We are surrounded
by wetlands.
Green moss appears
scattered through out,
the only bright color.

A group of young girls
dressed in
sneakers
short shorts
t shirts
and canvas bags
begin the ascent
on to Poet's Seat hill.
They reach the first
rock that allows
them a place to sit.
Laughter echos.

Now the second tier
and they reach a level path
walk quickly
out of the witness's site
not even a sound
vanished
they are gone.

As I drive away
I notice a flag
being tied to a tree.
They have reached
their destination
and mark their claim.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.







I had to have my brake pads replaced today so I sat in Lorenz and wrote and then spent all the rest of my money. No more. All gone, now I will go into hiding... oh yeah, I can't do that, I have responsibilities. Oh well.........




Emma Holding The Moon.

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh. I think raccoons are supposed to be mostly nocturnal. Maybe this one stayed up past his bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! The face in the green doorway. Exquisite.

    ReplyDelete