Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76




I had a great day today. Now you have to understand, I really do love my job, but I just need time to go and stare at beauty now and again. And today I did that. I saw three different rivers, many birds, trees just about to sprout, people riding bicycles and laughing, pizza, trains, and a rainbow. What more could you want in a day? I saw babies and dogs. The only thing that was missing was Emma, and I get her tomorrow. So pretty damn perfect if you ask me.






What was I thinking about when I walked around this county today? I really did think about how beautiful it is and I really didn't think about the difficulties in my life. I need to do that. I also did not eat 3 oatmeal raison cookies today. This too is good.




I believe birds have a sixth sense, they know when you are paying attention to them, and they may even know when one is trying to take a photograph. They hop just out of reach, slowly one moves closer, they hop backwards, this is the way of backyard birds. They are teases. They want me to fall in the snow or down the river bank, or wherever I may be trying to creep closer to them. Rascals.....







I was serious about the three rivers: Green, Connecticut, and Deerfield. They were all three running high and were glorious to look at. The Deerfield still had snow and ice in it, but it also had boats in it.






Beauty everywhere!!!! Seriously!!! And then at the end of the day pizza with friends and family. Not bad at all.... I'll take it.


2 comments:

  1. Living in the present and enjoying the beauty is essential. I have to try and remember that too...

    ReplyDelete