Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 282:



Old friends, sat on their park bench like bookends.....
That was some of my day today. It's Columbus Day weekend and all of New England is in Harvest Festival mode and people are coming to see leaves and go to weddings and visit children in schools or colleges. City people are daring to touch cows and trying maple sugar candy and acting surprised by the cold.



This calf was trying to get out. She was trying to lift the latch.




One would believe that after living around here for almost 40 years that I would get some of the dates correct and be able to remember when things are. Today was one of those days that had no backbone, it morphed over and over and over again and although my tolerance was not remarkable, I did manage to morph with it.



I brought Emma and Hannah to Putney to go to the Harvest Festival only to find out it wasn't happening today, it's tomorrow. So instead we went to the farm and we just pretended we were a visiting family. Emma is as focused on a farm as she is in a swimming pool. I think I would be too if I were in a little better physical shape. I think I would love it.





After we went to the farm for a bit we went down to Curtis's and immediately bumped into old friends who I hadn't seen in 5 years or so. All of a sudden I'm surrounded by kids and adults and food and a parrot and music and yellow jackets and and and...
LAUGHTER.



I'm exhausted and home alone. All I hear is the bubbling of the fish tank and the rumble of the freight train in the distance. I'm supposed to be at another party with more friends I haven't seen in a long time, but I cannot do it. Grief comes and takes you home early from the party because she has something to discuss and you can't say no. Here I am, grateful I got to take such beautiful photos today of a beautiful world.



No comments:

Post a Comment