Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 274



Emma did most of this freehand with scissors. Her ability to cut out shapes from memory is fantastic. She decorated the door last night. I woke up at 6 this morning, came downstairs and Geoff had the porch light on. It was beautiful, I went and grabbed the camera. I love it.



It has been raining so much this week. Basically it has been a tropical storm in Massachusetts during the last week of September. By noontime today I was just plain depressed. My eyes feel like I've been crying for a week and I haven't shed a tear in a while, just been depressed.






So I forced myself to go out and deal with life, to go and figure out unemployment (which I was not successful at), to go for a little walk and take some pictures, to get to the bank, to brush my hair, to go to dinner with David.... I made myself go out and live my life.

2 things about that; 1) I'm really good at looking in and not being completely in the moment, and 2) the sky was like tornado country with a green glaze to it and I can't get it right with the camera.



Doesn't this look like I took it through a screen door? I didn't. I took it in the backyard where the sky to the east was green, like the color of the guck inside a lobster and the west was bright red. I needed both a tripod and a different lens. Oh is it possible that I will have to get a new lens by the end of the year? Will I have actually out grown this lens? Stay tuned for more......

No comments:

Post a Comment