Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 146



I stayed home from work today. I have a yucky cold and as I said last night I received bad news and I couldn't cope. My sister Margie came over for lunch. She lives away from me and I don't get to see her often enough. We use to hang together. But time and miles separated us. She's come here a few summers and used my house as home base. That's allowed us to catch up and be friends again. We had a really nice salad and then ran to Friendly's for an ice cream. I can't believe it took Mommy 90 years to find that obsession.







It was way too hot today. It reached over 100 on Main St. I did go up to town, go to the bank and hang in the Coop for a bit to cool off. Then I took myself out to China Gourmet. I wrote. I'll post my poem and a couple more pictures and hope tomorrow is brighter.








You deserve to go to a screened porch
where a creak is bubbling over
a row of rocks, rolling downhill;
the smell of earth
the sound of small splashes
an occasional leaf getting dragged along.
You have a glass of freshly squeezed
lemonade, not too sweet.
There are people you love around
but you are alone, staring out at the woods.
A scarlet tanager momentarily lands
on a branch just to your left.
Breathe.
It's a simple pleasure
It's comfort
and slowly you leave your tired body.


For Mom this 146th day of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment