Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 137

Last night was so strange, I signed in and promptly fell asleep at the computer. I've never done that before. I had had a brilliant day of picture taking and had many I wanted to post, but you got the one. Emma called at 9:15 yesterday morning and begged me to come see the new duckies. They are beautiful, ya gotta admit.



So today I start again, I went back to work, I went back to budgets and data base, I went back to challenged communications and I went back to feeling unappreciated. Can't wait until Emma and I go away to California and I get a real vacation.



I have my backyard back. Yesterday Sam mowed it and cleaned up edges and Geoff, Ember, Emma and I played outside. THe day was stunning. It made me so happy to be in it and to soak up the green, so this morning I got up, got dressed and went outside and photographed it. Mr Robin was sitting there happy as can be with all that cut grass to poke through.




And I took a short morning walk by the duckpond. They were just stretching, waking, and all of the babies made it through the weekend. I do believe the male goose is gone. I think a coyote must have gotten him, but queen goose is alone. You can tell she is still looking for him, although it has been 5 days.







The other thing I didn't really post this weekend, well I didn't really do anything this weekend, but I did hang with Gerard and talk photography and he gave me some input. One of the women who I correspond with on FLICKR gave me some pointers the other night and Gerard showed me how to play with the camera a little to improve my portraits some. So people will have to tell me what they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment