Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 128



It has been an interesting day weather wise. We have gone in and out of heavy storms. The sun was bright for a bit, but then black clouds came in and wind whipped them through. The rain was sideways.





I saw an old student of mine, who became a friend. He is a Vietnam vet and has had a hard life, but still laughs from way down deep. He has to have back surgery he thought he had in 1969, but it needs to be done. He is in pain, but he looks for beauty to keep himself stable. It was good to see him today to remind me struggle is there and makes us richer.



I also befriended a 3 year old today who laughed way down deep and had eyes so large and so connected, I know she's going to be a wise woman. We played. I took her picture and she acted for me and told us that the bugs on the ceiling were singing sailing songs. Oh, I love them.




I am grateful for the Coop bakery. mmmm
I am grateful for a day off.
I am grateful for serendipity.
I am grateful for those who understand what it means to loose a child.
I am still grateful for the tranquil bubbling of a fish tank.
and
I am grateful that Emma got ducks today. She really wanted them.


1 comment: