Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 129: Happy Mothers' Day



As many of you know, Mother's Day is entirely too difficult for me so I retreat into a state of self care. This always feels like selfishness, but I'm proud of succeeding today. I have many photos from the day and 2 poems that I will share.




The wind blows hard
tossing brand new leaves around
roads covered with tree scraps
twigs, leaves, acorns and seeds

Mother's Day:
You'd think would be benign
quaint, calm thank yous
for all the mothers out there
warm wishes
sweet smiles
kind words
loving glances
touching finds

But for some it is the reminder
of the deepest kind of pain.
That one day your heart
was ripped from your chest
when it was placed back
into that cavity
it was scarred
never to be whole again.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mother
and to all the mothers in my life
who do that blessed job
Thank God I have you all
to remind me of beauty.
That I do more than endure
That I live.

But like today's wind
my inside roads
have debris spread throughout
for Mother's Day
focuses my lens,
attends to my heart,
the injury
left so long ago to bleed.







What Is In My Car

3 giraffes
Calvin and Hobbes
Bella Sara
McDonalds wrappers
pennies and nickles
2 or 3 feathers
2 or 3 shells
a blown glass heart
scraps of silky material
old bills
diet coke bottles
an unread article on adult learning
blue plastic fake gem
a copy of my last contract
sand found at the sea
and a Tibetan blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue egg and the blue water, especially the blue water and the contents of your car and I am sorry for the pain of mother's day for you.

    ReplyDelete