Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 131






I promised myself I would shoot portraits for the month of May, but for the past 4 or more days my life has been filled with beautiful greens, the green of oak leaf and the green of new iris stems and the beginning of rosebuds.

I am grateful for my back yard.
I am grateful for the green of the moss under my maple tree. I am amazed at the amount of moss in my front yard and how wet everything must be all the time. (I'm not sure I am grateful for that.)
I am grateful for the consistent beauty of Western Massachusetts.





So here's my one portrait of the day. He looks like Serious Uncle Geoff instead of Silly Uncle Geoff. Poor guy has become almost as common a model as Emma. Well, ya gotta admit he's photogenic.








I looked all over for the spider I shot yesterday. But all of the webs had been blown down. This was all that was left.

oh yeah, I'm grateful for honesty.
I'm grateful for brie, always grateful for brie.
And I am grateful for the on goingness of my 365 project.

2 comments:

  1. yesterday's spider web shot was fantastic! and your brother is definitely very photogenic -- handsome! do you live close by to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the seed thing caught in the web. I love those seed things. What tree are they off?

    ReplyDelete