Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 133





Today I saw a
female cardinal
gold finch
16 ducklings and assorted adult ducks
female domestic goose
a pair of Canada geese and 5 goslings
4 turkey vultures
4 swan
many redwing black birds
catbird
male cardinal
robins galore
barn swallow
and a brown small bird that I could not identify.







There were five turtles hanging out in the duck pond next to 16 ducklings. They were not snappers. I was still worried about leaving those ducklings alone tonight. It seemed as only one female was taking care of all of them. They all had different markings, some were blond, some were dark brown, but they were all hanging out together doing their one day old duckling things. The Mom would quack and they'd all come running. She didn't seem to mind me, though, nor did the turtles.



I also saw poppies, irises, roses and some others I don't know by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment