Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 132


I keep thinking there is something special about May 11th, but I cannot think of it. I took a sick day today. It was a good thing for me to do. I think I've developed allergies and my body is confused by life these days and I just needed to sleep. I slept and then I went looking for stray dogs with Emma.




Now the fact that I walked around thinking it was May 11th all day should have given me a clue, but it didn't. Emma and Patrick and I spent some time at the Coop and Emma was a wild child today. She needed to move her body. She needed to touch other people and she does it by making everyone laugh. She held on to Patrick and wouldn't let him go. He's strong enough to pick her up and hold her though and he knows what makes someone be that way so he responded to her with great care and sweetness. I love having him here. Oh well............







I am grateful for down comforters.
I am grateful for colored pens and markers.
I am truly grateful for young girls with wonderful imaginations.
I am grateful for grilled cheese sandwiches.
and I am grateful for helpful friends on FLICKR.




Here is my favorite portrait of the day. She is a friend of Emma's from school and we bumped into her at the Coop this afternoon. I think she is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Love the shadows on water, the orange flower, the lovely half portrait. What a face!

    ReplyDelete