Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 198 and 199






On Saturday Kay and I drove to Connecticut to visit with the cats. We saw Mom and Barb, too. It was a beautiful day, hot and not too humid. Mom is having a harder time hearing people, but her humor is in place. It's so amazing. I showed Kay the backyard, what there is of one and I left my computer sitting on the wall outside her house. When I got home I realized that my computer, the tool of my trade, the medium I am using to express myself was sitting on a wall 2 hours away. AHHHHH!!!



July 18, 2010

The next day was the Balloon Festival or the Green River Festival. I was volunteering there. CAKE was playing, so a whole bunch of young people decided to come to the festival this year. A lot of Emma's friends were there. They hung out and played and got along really well. It was a blast to watch this group.









So the weekend was beautiful and it was full of very wonderful elements, but it had this mystical and sad glaze over it. Part of me just wanted to be sick and stay home and be sad. But I didn't. At the end of the Festival Emma and her friend Maggie went off to the vendors one more time. A bunch of little girls came back and Emma handed me a silver box. In it were lapis and silver earrings which she had chosen and bought me. I was so pleased. She choose them because they were my favorite color. She's growing up.





She's growing up, Mom's dying and Maddie is having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment