Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 189



My friend Kay and I have an annual tradition, we eat cherries, brie and baguette for dinner one night during cherry season. Tonight was the night. The heat had decreased enough so that we could take it outside on the lawn and drink ice water and have a very pleasant evening. AHHHHHH.



I went off to college just after Abandoned Luncheonette came out. QUAH, too. Oh and Give It Up............ Great albums to take to college with me. I didn't bring my stereo up until the second year, so what were we playing music on that first semester........... I don't remember, but when I saw this abandoned hotel this morning, Hall and Oates went crazy in my mind. Yeah, 1974 was an important year for me, it was the beginning of the journey of independence and all that music was helpful in the process. I do believe it, I do believe it's true.




I am grateful for weather changes. I am grateful for community outside my regular community, interesting people who aren't necessarily in my everyday life who bring great flavor and color to me. I am grateful for fans. and I am grateful for the red, that dark dark red of a good ripe cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment