Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 183: The Halfway Mark



When I began this project I believed that it would serve as an avenue for my creativity at a time when my life was destined to be challenging. I believed my photography would improve and that I could only grow to love it more. I believed that it would serve as a way to focus my writing and help me to see the macro as well as the global. Now that I am halfway through it. HMMMMMM.


January 1, 2010

July 2, 2010


The issues that challenge my life are still present. I believe that the photography has helped me deal with that, but I have not necessarily documented that. In some ways the challenges are present in the photographs, but at the end of the day when I go to choose the photographs to upload, it is not necessarily those challenges I choose to represent. There are too many things happening at once and another photograph may actually be more impressive or interesting, so I choose it.





I have learned a lot about my camera in 6 months and that has taught me once again that I am a learner by nature. I love learning and having something new to learn turns me on. That part of the experience has been exciting.



And I have done more looking, I search for things, I search for discovery and then I search for information about the things that I find. I do this with children, especially Emma, which really makes me happy. Another good reason to continue...




I will continue to learn to take a good picture of a hummingbird. I am going to start looking at playing with the photos like Picassa were the darkroom, and I am going to continue to play with the co mingling of images and words.

Here's to the next 182 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment