Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 196




So I went to meet a friend after work tonight in order to bitch about how hard our lives have been lately. We decided to meet at this little park that we like on top of a small mountain overlooking the Ct. River. The minute I got there I realized I couldn't bitch for long. It was too beautiful and our friendship is too good to spend too much time complaining or worrying.




The first thing that happened though, after we sat at the picnic bench was a grasshopper that was being eaten by an ant fell out of the tree above us and landed in my hair. David took them out of my hair and released the grasshopper from the ant, but it was too late, the grasshopper died in front of us. Look how beautiful he is. I know it was metaphorical, but I haven't found for what yet.



Anyway, there was a lovely breeze and the flowers are lovely and once again there was too much to feel positive about in order to mope too long.



I think the butterflies all flew away when they realized I had a camera on me. The light was very bright so I was worried about the contrast, but I think I'm getting better at knowing what to do and where to shoot from. The gardens were just plain beautiful, and my day ends on that note. ahhhhhh.... and the oil is not flowing into the Gulf at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment