Monday, September 6, 2010

Days 248 (Geoffrey Whiton's birthday) and Day 249




Truth

Sun, please get a little higher a little brighter.
Lake ripples moving both ways
No difference between weed and flower
I feel crushed by the weight
exterior pressure on a too large body
A body whose sense of balance is weak
A right leg too tense
A left leg too weak

I hear a dog barking on the other side
A bell ringing
A motorboat starting
A crow
A fish jump
A dock rolling along

I smell pine
I hear a woodpecker
Water lapping against the dock
The sun is higher, but the clouds are thicker

I’m sitting here a dead leaf falls and
Labor Day marks the end of summer






Blow away clouds, let the sun come down
Heat me up one more time
without the sticky wetness
clinging to my face, to my body.
Let me feel the dry heat
While I watch this lake
evolve. Go on now, fly away.

Ripples and a wake disperse;
tiny little waves roll up on the beach
only 6 inches high, on and on.
The dock squeaks and lumbers
Come on sun, just a little higher.

Clouds are congregating
They are larger with grey insides
A deep bird call, almost a bass.
Trrr, trr trrr
Loon, hello loon, come show yourself.
I hear you
I want to see you
Are you over by the blueberry island?
Gliding through on currents.






I love the way kayaks slice through water
The sky is almost all clouds
Female ruby throat flies from behind
three feet from my right ear.
She sounds like a rubber band engine. Loud
I turn thinking I will see a
giant bumble bee. She stays
suspended, looking at me for 10 full seconds.

Here is the sun, bright.
I’m listening to the haunting loon call
out of nowhere I am distracted
by the flurry of a hummingbird.
The sun is gone behind big clouds again;
he came out long enough
to distract me from leaving, allowing
me to learn the sound of the vibration
of hummingbird wings.

Shine on me bright,
press down on my face and shoulders
Temporarily blind me
Feed me
I need your nourishment
I need to feel your warmth
I need your strength.




I had a wonderful trip. I hurt physically though. I sprained a muscle near my ribs. When I breath it hurts. So, these are photos from the weekend and the first draft of a poem I started yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment