Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 254: Jordan Tilton's Birthday



Another fair/Fair day....
I love the livestock, I love the baby animals and all of those chickens and geese and bunnies. Today we hung out with the sheep for a while and we pet a bunch of little cows, sorta half way grown. They are beautiful. I'd love to have cows. Oh well, maybe in a different life.




In the old days i used to take all of the nephews and nieces to the Fair on Jordan's birthday (which is today). Then we'd go out for dinner at the pizza place and the kids would play video games and we would rendezvous with parents for cake afterwards. When they all moved away I had to invent reasons to go to the Fair until Emma came into the world. Then baby animals were enough. The first year we brought her she sat on the ground with a 2 week old black bunny and gently pet it at the ripe old age of 2. That baby just relaxed into those little hands. It was remarkable. She has a 6th sense with animals.






This is a huge blow up ball placed in water. The kid climbs in the ball, they use a large vacuum to blow it up and then they let the kid roll in the water. Kids were laughing hysterically in them. It was really funny to watch. I would have been claustrophobic in it, but Emma was hysterical. She did somersaults and all sorts of stuff.


Yeah, the Fair was fun today and the weather was perfect. I wanted to go to bed, but I think it was good that Emma kept me busy and prevented me from giving into depression.

1 comment:

  1. That ball looks like the scariest place on earth to me, isn't that funny? You could drop me off the side of a bridge attached by a cord, and I'd say "Weeeee", but I'm with you, I would freak in that thing.

    I'm so glad you had fun this week at the fair. Isn't it funny how the fair can make you feel grounded? And seeing baby animals is always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete