Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 255



I know no one wants to hear this, but Fall is here.



It feels a little contradictive. I think a new chapter has begun and the world thinks that we have to prepare for the hybernation part of the cycle. But it is harvest. Harvest is here, all those oranges and reds are prevelant. They signify abundance in a different way than the early green of May.



Geoff cooked dinner tonight and we ate outside. It's only about 60 out there and the threat of rain was visible. The colors are muted and the leaves don't make as large a canopy as they did a month ago. Chippy didn't come around, but a new red squirrel has moved into the pine tree. The hairy woodpecker is back and the baby chicadees are grown. It's not time to get the down quilt out, but I think another blanket may be necessary.




I think that the way I will get ready for the winter is by setting up a writing desk and schedule and some kind of project table. I do want my dining room table back though. I think that beginning to write more and organize the 365 Day project will be the harvesting of the spring and summers work. Winter will come and the product will be created and it will be time to show it. THis all might be a stretch, but it helps me to think like this so I don't just quit now and go to sleep until April.



1 comment: